Skip to main content

RELATIONSHIP NOT RELIGION

The first world map denotes the religions present all across the world and the second world map shows how Christianity is spread across the world. Looking at this data we can conclude that Christianity is the most wide spread religion on the face of the earth. This religion called “CHRISTIANITY” has the greatest number of followers worldwide. But JESUS who is the deity of this big religion does not see this as a religion at all. Now this might seem a bit weird, but it is the PLAIN TRUTH. 


Let me tell you why I say that Jesus does not see this whole idea of so-called” Christianity” as a religion. When Jesus lived on this earth as a man, He went about preaching and teaching to everyone he sees. He said a few things about the idea of Christianity that does not qualify it to be a “RELIGION” rather as a “RELATIONSHIP”.

Let me give you one such example; see this verse from the book of John who was a disciple of Jesus himself.
But as many as received him, to them gave he the right to become children of God, even to them that believe on his name:
                                         John 1:12
This verse tells us that Jesus gave everybody who believes in him the right to be His children. Now let me ask you a question; what is a religion? Well, google defines religion as this:the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.So google tells us that religion is basically a belief in a God. In the verse that I showed Jesus tells us that if someone BELIEVES. In the verse, Jesus also uses the same word but He tells those who believe in him are His children. Now tell me why Jesus tells that those who believe in Him are His children and not something else?

Well the answer is He does not see the idea of Christianity as a religion as everyone claims to do so rather as a relationship, which here is a child and father relationship.

If you are still not convinced let me give you another example in the same gospel of John; 
Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.
                                      John 15:13-15

Here Jesus tells us that we are his ‘friends’ when we do what he commands us to do which again is a relationship. He says that He does not call us slaves rather friends. Nowhere in the bible does the word of God give proof for Christianity to be qualified as religion but gives so much evidence that God has called us to be in relationship with Him. This God that I am talking about is the creator of heaven and earth, He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, He is the Prince of Peace and the controller of the universe and this God who has all this power and might does not want us to be in a religion called “CHRISTIANITY” rather in relationship called JESUS. Jesus proved that He is a friend to everyone who believes in him by giving His life on the cross. 

As you are reading this blog can I encourage you to recommit your life to God and to be in this wonderful relationship called JESUSbecause when you do so your life will be a blessing to others as a result of the overflowing blessing in your life. Please Don’t ever look at God as a deity but look at him as your Fatherwho longs to be in a love relationship with you or as a friendlonging to be with you. I hope this Truth about God will bring a change in your life :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A WALK ON WATER

Hey, guys hope y'all are doing good. I’m going to be sharing what God is speaking to me in the blog every week, so stay tuned and come back to get a word of encouragement and revelation from God. Also, the blog is in the form of a podcast. You can find the links to the podcast in the podcast tab. All of this aside, let’s get to the blog. When you think of the season that we as the whole world are going through with the widespread of the covid virus, it’s as though we were given no time to even think about what was happening. It was like a wave that hit us, we never expected. A similar situation is where the disciples find themselves in Matthew 14:22 Immediately after this, Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and cross to the other side of the lake, while he sent the people home. The word immediately shows the transition from one of the greatest miracles performed by Jesus to a stormy and wavy sea they never expected. They had no time to process the miracle, ye

WHO ARE YOU?

Many questions in our life are unanswered, some to which we don’t even try finding the answers. ‘Who are you?’ is one such question. If we are to ask 10 random people this question- “who are you?”, I believe only 2 of them will be able to answer this question. I mean a definitive answer and not a vague answer. I was one of those people who didn’t know a definitive answer to the question ‘who are you?’. When someone was to ask this question, I would say I am that and this, but never know who I was. I didn’t even try to find the answer to this question.  There came a point in my life when I realized something that lead me to find the answer to the unanswered question of my life. As I found myself battling against the evil forces at work against my life, I realized that 70-75% of the battles I fought against the enemy was because I didn’t know who I was and this ignorance was the entry point for the devil to my life. After this, I realized that I was wasting my time fighting unwanted batt

KNOW THE SHEPHERD'S VOICE

As we take on each day of our lives, we sometimes find ourselves stuck in some situations or some emotions. There were times when I questioned God why all this happens. Why do I not find myself moving forward although the days just go by? In those moments of our life we just feel as though we have lost our way and just can’t hear the voice of god in our lives. In those places of our lives we just feel as though we are in the middle of nowhere. Maybe as you are reading this, you are in one of those moments of your life. But I want to encourage you and say that there is still hope in Jesus and that this situation is so much different when we see it from “God’s eye view”. Let me explain what I really mean by “God’s eye view”. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.                                                                                                              John 10:4