Skip to main content

WHO ARE YOU - PART 2

Does the answer to who are you end with finding your personality? No, the answer has a bit more to it than just finding your personality. There are 5 important aspects of each person’s life that you must know to have a complete understanding of who you are. These 5 aspects will also help you get a better understanding of the calling God has kept over you. Although it will not precisely tell you what your calling is, it will give you a clearer picture of the calling than what you previously had. With the help of your personality that you wrote above and the holy spirit, you can easily find these 5 aspects of your life. 

The 5 aspects:
Likes
Dislikes
Talents
Strengths
Weaknesses

Before I get into the five aspects, I want you to understand something. What I’m going to tell you is not some formula or method by which you can find your calling. Because I can’t tell you what God has for you. Only God can do that. Therefore, I ask of you that you sit alone and spend time with God and ask the holy spirit to reveal the truths about yourself and the calling He has over you. As you read further, I believe that the holy spirit will reveal to you what are the 5 aspects of your life. And in the process, kindle your heart to know what He has called you to be.

LIKES
Under ‘likes’ come the things that draw your attention. It is the answer to questions like – what do like doing?, what things interest you? The answer to this can be physical, conceptual or even abstract. For example, someone may like to hang out with people, someone may like studying while someone may like sports. 

It can be anything, but as you write this down ask God why you like certain things and not something else. Every part of your life has a purpose and as you get to know the purpose of these aspects of your life, with the help of the holy spirit, you can get a clearer picture 

DISLIKES
Under ‘dislikes’ comes things that don’t interest you. There might be something that you just don’t like. Dislikes can also be physical, conceptual or abstract. 

As you write these things down, ask the holy spirit to speak to you through the truth that is before you. That along with this, He can reveal the calling He has over your life.

TALENTS
Talents are the natural skills or aptitude that you possess. These can be things from cooking to music to understanding complex concepts. It can be anything, but the important question you need to ask the Holy Spirit is what is its purpose?
 
STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES
As you are reading this part, you would have already finished grading your personality in the previous section. In order to find your strengths and weaknesses, all you have to do is go back to the table where you graded yourself and see what you are strong at and what you are weak at. It is okay to have weaknesses. Remember that no one is perfect; everyone has their own struggles and battles. Don’t skim any part of the table, sit down and ask the holy spirit to see the truth and reveal your strengths and weaknesses. God is the one who created you and knows your strengths and weaknesses. You might find that you are strong in areas you never even wildly imagined. The truth might surprise you, which is why you mustn’t look with an ‘I know everything’ attitude. 

When I looked into my own life and started asking the holy spirit to reveal these 5 aspects, it really helped me to get to know what are the things that God has put in my life. It gave me confidence and clarity. Knowing the strengths, weaknesses and talents that God has given me confirmed and pointed only to the calling God has over my life. I encourage you to do the same, as I believe and know that the holy spirit will definitely help you in this process. all you have to do is ask.

PODCAST:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO ARE YOU?

Many questions in our life are unanswered, some to which we don’t even try finding the answers. ‘Who are you?’ is one such question. If we are to ask 10 random people this question- “who are you?”, I believe only 2 of them will be able to answer this question. I mean a definitive answer and not a vague answer. I was one of those people who didn’t know a definitive answer to the question ‘who are you?’. When someone was to ask this question, I would say I am that and this, but never know who I was. I didn’t even try to find the answer to this question.  There came a point in my life when I realized something that lead me to find the answer to the unanswered question of my life. As I found myself battling against the evil forces at work against my life, I realized that 70-75% of the battles I fought against the enemy was because I didn’t know who I was and this ignorance was the entry point for the devil to my life. After this, I realized that I was wasting my time fighting unwanted batt

THE TRIPARTITE - BODY

Biology was one of the subjects I didn’t like a lot in school. I don’t know why but I never found it interesting, maybe you’re like me or not. But, either way, we are forced to learn the subject up till grade 10(at least in India). In the subject, I learned about the human body, all the parts in it, how they work and so on. Today we are going to see more on the body we learned in the biology class as a continuation of the tripartite series.  In this blog, we are going to see the answer to 3 questions about the body, which sums it up well. • What is it? • How is it? • How should it be? 1.WHAT IS IT? The body is basically all that we can see in ourselves physically. The eyes, the nose, the legs and so on. It is also the internal parts and organs that we don’t see. Like the brain, the heart, the hormones and enzymes secreted etc.  The body is not just a matter of organs and parts. It is more than that. It has some other functions to play too. Functions we don’t always realise. •  Sa

WHO WAS DAVID?

In this blog, we will look at David as an example so you get clarity on the 5 aspects of your life. David from the bible is a very interesting person. He was called to be king, which is a huge responsibility. Let’s look into these 5 aspects of David’s life and see how they had an influence in his life in fulfilling the calling God had kept over his life. 1.LIKES       David liked to sing to the lord The book of psalms is evidence to the fact that David loved to sing praises to God.       He liked to hang out with friends The bible records various instances when David and Jonathon meet together.  2.DISLIKES       Blaspheming against God David didn’t like when someone blasphemed against the living God. he just hated it and that is the reason why he went against Goliath in battle.        Disrespecting the Lord’s anointed The Bible repeatedly records David saying to people around him that no one is to kill or do harm to the Lord’s anointed king Saul. He even killed the person w